This chocolate pudding is sumptuous, filling and full of healthy fat and protein to give you energy and leave you feeling full and satisfied. It requires a few hours to set so you can put it together the night before or in the morning and it will be ready when you need it! The recipe and photo are from Minimalist Baker.
- Serves: 2
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or 4-5 soaked medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinamon (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except dates, if using*) to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate to set for at least 3-5 hours, or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency. After 30 minutes, give the mixture a stir to redistribute the seeds evenly.
- Either serve as is or blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed and adding dates if using.
- Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream.
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.
- * If you want to serve your pudding unblended, with the chia seeds whole, blend the soaked dates with the almond milk and then combine the remaining ingredients in your bowl.