This recipe is PERFECT for those busy weeknights where you need to make something quick and easy (and with very little planning ahead). It requires only a handful of ingredients, most of which are pantry and fridge staples. It takes under 30 minutes to make once you have the hang of it. And it tastes DELICIOUS.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 4 people
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly sliced
- 227 grams (8 oz) gluten-free pasta (fusilli or penne work well—I like ones that use quinoa flour for added protein)
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 (14-oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini and navy are the creamiest)
- sea salt to taste
- grated parmesan
- pinch red chilli flakes (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions (remember to salt the cooking water for flavour). Leave the pasta slightly underdone or al dente because it will finish cooking in the pan later. Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, a pinch of salt and a pinch of red chilli flakes (if using) when the skillet is ready. Cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant but before it turns brown.
- Add kale and increase heat to medium. Add another pinch of salt. Sauté until the kale is starting to wilt.
- Add white beans and stir.
- Add the cooked pasta, along with ½ cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir and let finish cooking until the water has evaporated and the pasta becomes nice and creamy. You can add more pasta water as needed. Taste for seasoning and add salt and grated parmesan as desired. Finish with a drizzle of fresh olive oil.