This tasty drink is perfect in the fall with its warming spices and pumpkin. It’s boosted with iron-rich foods, including greens (of course), to help you get the nutrients you need from real food sources. Iron can be energizing so you may not want to take this shortly before bed.
Photo credit: http://www.insonnetskitchen.com
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup swiss chard, kale or beet greens
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée or pumpkin butter
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 banana, frozen or fresh
- 1 date, soaked
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- pinch cloves
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.