This is one of my favourite smoothie recipes. It’s chocolaty, full of healthy fats, and really rich, satisfying and filling. I almost think of it as a healthy chocolate milkshake that I can have for breakfast.
Photo courtesy of Floating Kitchen.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Serves: 1 serving
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 cup kale or other mild greens
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon flax oil (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.